Thankfully we have 8 other Beginner Photography Classes for you to choose from. Check our top choices below or see all classes for more options.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but
save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
If you're enrolled in an upcoming date, this simply means that date has now sold out.
Is your schedule already packed but you really want to learn how to use you camera before that big trip or special event you’ve been planning?
We'll then this class is perfect for you!
This action-packed, fast-paced course is designed for people who want an express introduction to their camera. You will learn the basic principles of photography, as well as techniques that will help you make high quality, creative images by mastering a few basic concepts.
Students will walk away with a strong understanding of:
At the end of the day, that new camera will be demystified. You will feel confident using your camera in a variety of common situations, from photographing portraits to capturing the action at the baseball game.
For this course you will need a DSLR camera, Mirrorless camera or Compact camera, which has Aperture (A/Av) Priority, Shutter (S/Tv) Priority and Manual Mode.
Still have questions? Ask the community.
We are allowing students to reschedule and waiving the fee.
1. Refund Policy for Courses
• PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who notify us of withdrawal from a course seven days prior to the course's start date. The remaining 7% will cover administrative costs.
• We also offer a 50% refund for withdrawals 6 days before the course is set to begin and between class #1 and #2.
• As of class 2 we do not provide refunds or credits.
• Tuition is non-transferable.
• Once you’ve registered for a course there is a $45 fee for transferring into another section.
Student Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied after attending all classes of any of our 3 week, 5 week or 6 week courses we will provide you with a full refund.
2. Refund Policy for Crash Courses
• PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who notify us of withdrawal from Crash Course 1 or Crash Course 2, 72 hours before the class begins. The remaining 7% will cover administrative costs.
• After 72 hours we will provide you with a credit which you will be able to use for a future date plus a $45 transfer fee.
3. Refund Policy for private classes
• Due to administrative costs, PhotoUno offers a 93% refund for students who cancel their scheduled class more than 24 hours in advance.
• Students who have registered for a private class may reschedule without any additional fees up to 24 hours in advance.
• There is an additional $50 fee for students that re-schedule less than 24 hours in advance.
• There is no refund for students who cancel less than 24 hours in advance.
4. Refund Policy for outdoor classes, seminars and workshops
PhotoUno will provide a refund only when the event is cancelled or rescheduled by the school.
At PhotoUno our main objective is to make your experience at our school as pleasant as possible. Keeping this in mind, we understand that students who enroll in our courses may need to miss a class due to unplanned circumstances.
Although PhotoUno has no obligation to provide make-up classes for students who can’t attend a class of the course they have signed up for, we will do our best to find a solution by:
1. Finding possible sections of the class for the student to attend in order to follow the sequence of the course. This option is free. This can be done up to two times for every course.
2. If we are unable to find a convenient date, we will offer the option of a private make up class that will be charged at a rate of $35 an hour.
PhotoUno is not obligated to grant student requests to switch courses.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
PhotoUno is a NYC based digital photography
school. It is a dream that was made possible through hard work and
dedication. Patricia Burmicky, the head instructor at PhotoUno, began
her photography career in Venezuela. However, life decided to transport
her and Francisco (her husband)...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Digital Photography I is an introductory run-down of the technical knowledge you need to get up and running in digital photography. This class is all about getting to know the ins and outs of your camera. We will start by covering the basics of camera operation with topics like ISO, aperture, depth of field, and shutter speed. Then we will cover proper...
Sunday Jun 7th, 1pm - 2:30pm Eastern Time
at PhotoManhattan -
iPhoneography Yes, that iPhone that you have in your pocket has a great camera! But have you ever wondered how much more you can do with it? Today's smart phones are much more than a ""point and shoot camera"". Why not take full advantage of it? This 2 hour class will teach you how to maximize the potential of these devices and what you can do...
Friday Jun 5th, 6pm - 7:30pm Eastern Time
Digital Camera Settings Each settings on your camera provides a world of potential for bettering your images. Whether you use a DSLR or a point and shoot, there are tons of tricks that you may be missing out on. We'll explore settings such as exposure compensation and various presets that can turn a regular image into a special one. Our knowledgeable...
Sat, May 30
12:45pm - 2:45pm Eastern Time
Tue, Jun 2
6:00pm - 8:00pm Eastern Time
Tue, Jun 16
2:15pm - 4:15pm Eastern Time
Wed, Jun 17
6:00pm - 8:00pm Eastern Time
Sat, Jun 20
3:15pm - 5:15pm Eastern Time
This class has 4 more dates.
Tap here to see more
Saturday May 30th, 12:45pm - 2:45pm Eastern Time
This 3-week course helps students improve the way they compose/frame an image. They will explore by, following useful composition guidelines that will help their creativity & understand the importance of surveying how to approach a scene before we photograph it. This class has been designed to present the students with visuals and understand...
Tuesday Jun 2nd, 12pm - 2pm Eastern Time(3 sessions)
This class is an introduction to the understanding of photography as technology, medium of expression, and creative practice. It covers basic concepts and techniques: camera operation, exposure, composition, resolution, and preparation of image files for on-screen and print use. Students will look closely at historically significant photographs as...
Tuesday Jun 9th, 6pm - 8pm Central Time(4 sessions)
We are holding our signature Beginner's Photography Class online. Learn how to use your camera manually in 2.5 hours. No camera needed. _________________ Become a better photographer in just 1 class! Have you ever wondered why, after spending hundreds of dollars on the latest cameras, you still can't get photos that really make you proud? We're...
Sunday Jun 28th, 11am - 1:30pm Central Time
This is our beginner photography class, which we have designed to be: Fun: We have prepared both indoor and outdoor exercises to make sure you are constantly practicing what you learn. Effective: You won't believe how much you will learn in this 9 student class. Your satisfaction is guaranteed after attending...
Monday Jun 1st, 11am - 1pm Eastern Time(6 sessions)
• How to get the most out of your digital camera. • Composition: training your eye to find the interesting image. • Using natural and artificial light to take better pictures. • A different hands-on composition-on-location or studio photo experience* every day. • Photo reviews and discussions. • Have fun! Requirement: Digital Camera...
Monday Jul 20th, 9am - 1pm Eastern Time(5 sessions)
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.