While Agile methods have been found to be readily applicable to small teams, most organizations today work across collaborative teams, complex systems and geographies. In such a scenario, agile implementations often fail to have the expected impact.
The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is a complete methodology for large-scale Agile project teams to carry out an Agile transformation seamlessly. Applying Lean/Agile principles and practices across all levels within an enterprise is the first step toward such a change. The SAFe® framework effortlessly synchronizes the alignment, collaboration, and delivery of multiple agile teams leading the way to enterprise success.
Our 2-day Leading SAFe® training class gives you the knowledge required to become a Certified SAFe® Agilist, and to lead agile transformation within your enterprise using the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of flexibility, lean thinking and product development flow.
This course is based on version 4.6 of SAFe®.What you will learn
On completion of the workshop you will learn to:
- Demonstrate how Lean, Agile, and Product Development Flow form the foundation of SAFe®
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Complete the course of study leading to the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam
You will also get:
- Instructor-Led Classroom Training (2 Days)
- 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
- Courseware authored by Scaled Academy
- 1 free attempt of the SAFe® Agilist Certification Examination as the exam fee is included in the course fee
- One year membership with Scaled Agile
- Free downloadable reference materials from Scaled Agile Framework
Who Should Attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing Lean and Agile Values
- Understanding SAFe® Principles
- Experiencing PI Planning
Prerequisites for the Exam
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Building Large Solutions
Successful completion of this Scaled Agile Framework training course prepares you to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
After the training session, your trainer will email the candidate details to Scaled Academy (the Accrediting body).
Thereafter you will receive three emails directly from Scaled Academy – A Welcome Email to create your profile, A Survey Email which requests your feedback on the training (and which is mandatory), Exam Link Email, which will carry self-explanatory instructions on how to give the exam.
You will have a window of 30 days to take the exam.
Scaled Agile Academy encourages taking the exam in one sitting, but you may take it over the course of several days. i.e. You could exit the exam at any point and come back to it later or even the next day. When you log back in, you will be taken to the beginning. You will need to click through till you reach your first unanswered question.
The exam has to be completed in its entirety by midnight of the last day.
If you are completing the exam in one sitting, it could take up to 3 hours. So if you are starting the exam on the last day, time it accordingly (start around 8pm or so) so you could complete it before 12am.